Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tasia's Turn @ REALITY TV EMBARASSMENT, SADE,& MARCHING 100 @ 2010 SUPERBOWL!!

Happy Tuesday kids!!!!! Hope you all had a blessed and productive day, Tuesday's can be a lil' rough!! I MUST SAY: GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Take some time to tell HIM today...Are you ready?!?! Time for the Daily Dose!!!!! Let's GIT, GIT, GIIIIITTTTT IIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!

FANTASIA's NEW SHOW: NOT "HOTT ON THA BLOCK YA KNOW"
Last night was the debut of the VH1 reality show, "Fantasia, For Real" starring American Idol alum Fantasia Barrino. Now. I've been dreading this since my beloved cracktv network began airing these gawd-awful promos. you've seen them: 'Tasia's at the Korean nail salon, of all stereotypical places, and as the tech is filling away at her acrylics, the camera pans up to her singing (acapella of course) that's she's next in line on the gravy train that is "reality television".
Flash to last night's episode, where viewers see first hand Fantasia financially supporting five GROWN people with no jobs, or extended education on ONE income. The most disturbing/ dysfunctional relationship (in my opinion) was that of 'Tasia and her older brother Teeny-28 with no education, job, ambition, or life plans. However, all of his bills and luxury desires are completely funded by, you guessed it, 'Tasia. The running plots include: 'Tasia continuing to support her family, 'Tasia struggling to revive her singing career, 'Tasia's struggle (STILL) with literacy and obtaining her G.E.D., and 'Tasia simply trying to stay in the public eye to maintain any type of noteriety.
Similar plot lines were witnessed several years ago when that GAWD-AWFUL Keyshia Cole show debuted on BET (the bane of Black existance) to much critical disdain and viewer popularity. Fast Forward through 2 more "successful" seasons, a spin-off starring solely the dysfuctional family memebers you were "trying to help" (on said "reality" show), family fame addictions that supplement the prior drug addictions, and below is the result.

Keyshia Cole: Estranged from Frankie & Neffie Till Further Notice
-Last week, Keyshia issued a statement through her publicist as to why she's been lying low out of the public eye, and why viewers may never see the Keyshia Cole show (the version inclusive of the family rehabilitation plot line). STATEMENT FROM KEYSHIA COLE:
To all my friends and fans – It’s time that I clear the air. It’s not a secret that I haven’t been in contact with my mother Frankie, and my sisters Neffe and Elite and I never wanted to air out our differences to the public. While I won’t go into detail here I find it necessary to let you guys know I decided to stop communication with them because I was at a point in my life where I needed serenity and peace to move forward.
Please know I love my family very much but it was time to let it go. You guys are a witness to a lot of what was happening from watching on air and online. Now that I am becoming a mom my passion for having a loving and peaceful home for my child is my #1 priority. It’s very important to both Daniel and I. My plate is very full; I have a new baby coming, we are planning our wedding and I am working in the studio on a new album that I am close to completing. The stress that my family is giving me with their constant false reports is not healthy and it’s not what I need at this time in my life.
Please understand that there are only a few people that can officially confirm or deny anything that’s happening in my life and that’s me, Daniel, and my publicist, Tresa Sanders. And my girl Monica never lies.
Love Your Girl,
KC
-Reason #523 filming and profiting from a "reality" show may not be the best idea. A better investment may be in family values, or life coaching to end these cycles of neglect, abuse, enabling, and dysfunction. Justsayin...
Everyone's favorite Soul/Sensuality Muse, SADE, has returned, and her newest offering-"Solider of Love" has an AH-mazing video!!!!!! Dare I say REAL music is trying to return??? *Fingers Crossed* Until that's confirmed... feast on the glory...that is SADE!!!!

**Smaller Doses**
FAMU's INFAMOUS  MARCHING 100 will perform in the 2010 SUPERBOWL!!!
-That's right, if you've NEVER seen the power, precision, and progressive sound that is the Marching 100, get ready as they've been asked to perform during the halftime show!!! Congrats to another HBCU with a great Band!!! (Ya'll awwwready know Howard University's SHOWTIME Marching Band is TOPFLIGHTCRAIG!!!!)
Matt Kemp & Princess RiRi: NOT DATING?!
-So, in spite of being photographed in Cabo, and Dubai over the holidays displaying affection, Mr. Kemp's publicist issued a statement saying the two are NOT dating. "I think dating may be a stretch at this point. They're just friends, and I don't think we can label it as anything other than friendship right now." WOW. Either he's trying to put a spin on the two for image/ career sake, or Kemp is interested in getting the milk without the cow... or however.
*Update, the two-some were spotted at Tyreese's birthday bash in LA on Monday... way to keep the lowpro...
-Is anyone surprised?? ANYONE?? ANYONE??!?!!!!! *crickets chirping...*

Stay warm kids!! It's freezing down in ATL. SERIOUSLY. Have a great & blessed day!!!

Peace,

Dawnavette

No comments:

Post a Comment